When people talk about wedding details, fragrance is rarely the first thing that comes to mind. Yet I think it can be one of the more personal choices.
A wedding perfume does not have to be the most expensive fragrance in your collection or the one everyone else recommends. It can simply be a scent that feels connected to you.
Your Favourite Notes Can Be a Starting Point
If you already know that you enjoy rose, citrus, lavender, vanilla, woods or musk, there is no reason to ignore those preferences when choosing a wedding fragrance.
The occasion is special, but your taste does not suddenly have to change because it is your wedding day.
The Setting Can Add Another Layer
I also like the idea of thinking about the setting.
A garden ceremony might make someone think of flowers and fresh green notes. A formal evening reception could inspire something warmer and deeper.
The important thing is not to treat these ideas as rules. They are simply ways to create a connection between the fragrance and the atmosphere.
Give the Perfume a Test Run
I would also recommend wearing the fragrance before the actual wedding.
A perfume can smell quite different after it has been on your skin for several hours. Testing it beforehand lets you discover whether you like the dry-down and whether it remains comfortable throughout the day.
I found this Scent of Dunes guide while reading about wedding fragrances. It has some useful ideas about choosing a scent according to the wedding mood and setting:
https://scentofdunes.com/wedding-perfume/
What Would You Choose?
If you were choosing a fragrance specifically for your wedding day, what would you prioritise?
The notes?
The setting?
Your personality?
The memory you want the fragrance to create?
For me, the most interesting choice would be a fragrance that already feels like me, but that I could also associate with that particular day for years afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment have been posted.