For a long time, I thought a perfume either lasted all day or it did not.
If I could no longer smell it after a few hours, I assumed the fragrance had faded completely. After paying more attention to how perfume behaves, I realised there is more to it than that.
I Started Paying Attention to My Skin
One of the first things I noticed was how different perfume felt when applied after moisturising compared with applying it to completely dry skin.
That made me more conscious of my fragrance routine. I now think about skin preparation rather than simply spraying perfume and leaving.
I Stopped Reapplying Too Quickly
Another lesson was learning that my own nose is not always a reliable way to judge fragrance longevity.
After wearing the same perfume for several hours, I sometimes could not smell it anymore. However, someone nearby could still notice it.
That taught me to wait before deciding that I needed another application.
I Started Testing Fragrances Differently
I also began giving perfumes more time before deciding whether I liked them.
The first few minutes can give one impression, while the fragrance later becomes softer or develops completely different notes.
Now, when trying a new perfume, I pay attention to the opening, the middle and the dry-down rather than making a decision immediately.
Storage Became Part of My Routine
I used to think a perfume bottle looked nice sitting on a dressing table.
Now I pay more attention to where I keep it. Direct sunlight and excessive heat are not ideal for fragrance storage, so keeping bottles somewhere cooler and away from strong light makes more sense.
I Found That More Sprays Are Not Always the Answer
It is easy to think that spraying more perfume will solve every longevity problem.
Sometimes the better solution is simply to understand the fragrance, prepare your skin, consider the environment and give the perfume time to develop.
I found this guide from Signature by Cybele useful because it brings several of those ideas together:
https://signaturebycybele.com/perfume-last-longer/
The Main Lesson
I now think about perfume less as something that should simply "last all day" and more as something that develops throughout the day.
Some fragrances begin brightly and gradually become softer. Others have deeper base notes that remain noticeable for much longer.
The more attention you pay to how a fragrance behaves, the easier it becomes to choose, apply and enjoy perfume according to your own routine.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comment have been posted.